Monday, June 4, 2012

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present."

Monday, June 4, 2012
Transferring Trains in Chicago

Breakfast in Chicago
We made it to Chicago. With several hours till our next train we were able to see the sights.  Ate at Lou Michel's. They serve home made donut holes and milk duds while you wait. Jack ordered Bacon and eggs, hash brown, toast, pancakes, and French toast. They then give you complimentary homemade ice cream! Ha! We haven even exercised yet. I may need to send him home early, because I can't afford to feed him!
Millennium Park, Chicago

Chicago River
Chaos is the only way to describe the train station in Chicago! But back on-board we again were loving the view. Riding on Amtrak Empire Builder we sipping coffee under an orange streaked sky as we crossed the Mississippi.  We watched as the sun was setting. Doesn't get much better!
Sun set on the Mississippi
Met a group of boys in the observation car (I Call it the party car) who are headed to Washington state and will then bike the coast to LA.   I felt like a kid talking to them as they asked me things like, "Do I like to rock climb or rock repel or mountain bike!"

Love being with Jack! He's calm when I'm not, finds everything I misplace, and takes care of many of our trip's details!  Again way too excited to sleep!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment