Thursday, July 19, 2012

PEDAL. Pray Every Day And Listen. ~ Rev. Johannes Myors, The pedaling preacher

Thursday, July 19, 2012 (Day 43)
Super 8, Valparaiso, Indiana
Miles:  66  MPH:  12  Max:  21  Total:  2591

Amazed!!  Can't believe we actually pedaled right through Chicago!!

Morning Fog over the City
A foggy start after thunder storms all through the night. Rode the beautiful Chicago Lake Front trail with the tall sky scrappers on our right and the lake on our left.  "Big" John was our tour guide and showed us Navy Pier, Soldier Field, Chicago beaches, the Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry!  It's spectacular.

Jack and "Big" John
Several bike trails, bridges, tunnels, and connector roads then led us out of the city!  I think it is actually easier to bike through Chicago then to drive through it!  

Just love my bike!!
John pedaled 45 miles with us and then had to turn around!!  I'm feeling guilty -- he had a lot further to go then we did!

Navy Pier
Chicago Harbor
Chicago Skyline!

Take out dinner!! In hotel room!!
Two new states (Illinois and Indiana) in two days for us!  We didn't get welcome signs for either!  There was no welcome band for us either!!  Oh well, maybe when we get to Pennsylvania, the band will be there!






4 comments:

  1. We are so blessed to be a part of your circle of friends and following your trip. God is so awesome and his love is so great as we see and read your adventures!!! Have fun celebrating John's birthday today!! joe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Joe and Yvonne,
      I am the one who is blessed to have you both as friends! Can't wait to get home and catch up on what's been happening in your life and to share more of my summer travels :-) Love you two!!! xo

      Delete
  2. Greetings from the Pedaling Preacher (Cycling Rev). I'm a little confused at the title of this blog entry. I'm glad that you liked my definition of Pedal. I'll have to follow your blog and go back and read the earlier entries. I have stopped in Valparaiso, Indiana myself. I've just finished up the second week of my 32nd missionary bike tour. I left Baton Rouge, LA July 09th and I'm riding up the Mississippi River to St. Paul, Minnesota before turning East towards North Central New York. Tomorrow, I will be crossing the Mississippi River to Southern Missouri from Hickman, Kentucky. You can follow my travels at http://www.pedalprayers.org .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your definition of Pedal!!! Enjoy your travels!

      Delete