Tuesday, July 31, 2012

"We find no real satisfaction or happiness in life without obstacles to conquer and goals to achieve." ~ Maxwell Maltz

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 (Day 55)
Best Western, Smyma, DE
Miles:  78  MPH:  13  Max:  37  Total:  3441

Such a "teary" day today!!  After a scrumptious breakfast, as we waved good-bye to Tom, Annabell, and Matthew  my eyes filled.  Thank-you Lusardi family for the warm welcome and comfortable night!!

My eyes teared again when I saw a sign for Route 272 -- I could ride it right to my home!  Then, again, my eyes watered as we crossed into Delaware, our 15th and final state of our ride!!  Just an emotional mess!

Annabell, Tom, Matthew, and Jack

The Susquehanna River - our final river crossing!

Bridge across the Susquehanna at the Conowingo Dam

Our 15th and Final State!
Jack and I can't stop talking about all that has happened over the past 2 months -- it's been an amazing adventure!  Headed to the Atlantic tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment