Sunday, July 8, 2012

" I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.” ~ Jack London

Sunday, July 8, 2012 (Day 32)
Super 8, Sioux Fall, SD
Miles:  82  MPH:  12  Max:  23  Total:  

Rain overnight!  Soggy start as we had hung towels and shorts out to dry overnight!

Pushed hard for 82 miles to get to Sioux Falls before the bike store closed.  Yes, they had the correct tire for the trailer.  But, we told Kyle at Spoke-n-Sport Bikes that what we really would like is to ship the trailer home.  He said he could help do that!  WooHoo!!  So we are sporting new panniers for Jack's bike and are minus our trailer and tent and sleeping pads!  Tonight we are living big at the Sioux Fall's Super 8 -- hair dryer, air conditioner, in room shower (what has happened to me!)

Thank-you Spoke-n-Sport Bikes!
The ride was tough today.  So after the excitement at the bike shop we had a great dinner but didn't really get a chance to see Sioux Falls.  We'll stop at the park and see the famous falls before leaving in the morning.

Tomorrow we say good-bye to South Dakota - we loved SD!!  Looking forward to riding without the trailer and to seeing why they say "Minnesota Nice!"


Sporting new bike bags!
xo Missing Home!

1 comment:

  1. Should be a LOT easier traveling without the trailer, tent & sleeping mats. I tried a BOB trailer a few years back & also got a flat with it. I discovered Panniers work a lot better and are lighter. Will see what you think! Bet you are both feeling much stronger now and that will only get better. Plus, a hot shower & bed every night does a lot for your body & soul. I so wish we could join you and share stories. Keep posting as I follow your blog every day. It gets addicting! God is with you always & wills see you through. Enjoy the journey. Marlene

    ReplyDelete