Tuesday, July 10, 2012

"Life is full of surprises and and serendipity. Being open to unexpected turns in the road is an important part of success. If you try to plan every step, you may miss those wonderful twists and turns. Just find your next adventure-do it well, enjoy it-and then, not now, think about what comes next." ~ Condoleeza Rice

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 (Day 34)
Grace Lutheran Church, Fairmont, Minnesota
Miles:  68  MPH:  13  Max:  23  Total:  2003

Beautiful bike day......Just a few days ago I had asked Jack if he thought we would ever have an "uneventful" day.  The miles passed quickly and other than our lunch stop (roadside) we didn't make any other stops, and I hadn't taken a single photo before we arrived in Fairmont!  haha!  I was sort of happy for the "boring" type of day.
Jack and new friend, Jen
Grace Lutheran Church - home for the night!  xoxo
As we neared Fairmont, MN a motorcycle stopped and told Jack that his Uncle owned the local bike shop.  He told him to stop in whether or not he needed anything.  I found Jack sitting outside the shop on the Lake, drinking a cold bottled water, talking to Jen and Larry.  Larry handed me a cold water and some shipping boxes.  He told me that I was going to break a spoke if I didn't send some of our stuff home.  Jen made a phone call to her church and here we are staying in the beautiful youth room at Grace Lutheran Church for the evening.  Pastor Steve was so kind and generous and gladly opened the church to us!  We are sleeping in the Church's youth room on comfy couches! Wow! Wow! Wow!!  I just continue to be amazed at all the kindness and generosity along the road!  Jen gave us a grand tour of Fairmont.  Larry's band is playing in the park tonight, so we hopefully can go and hear him! 



Channel Inn burger with Swiss cheese, mushrooms and green olives -- the best burger of the trip!  Out to explore!!
xoxo Missing Home!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! How surprised was I to check out the blog and see my picture there! Hope you guys have a great time in Fairmont!

    ReplyDelete